African Cichlid Hub Forum

Author Topic: Coming back to the hobby after 8 years  (Read 48 times)

Offline RiotBadger

• Egg
Coming back to the hobby after 8 years
« on: April 11, 2019, 12:02:32 PM »
I sold up my tanks in order to re-decorate and prepare for moving house... that process ended up taking eight years!!!

Incidentally, I found a post from the guy I sold all my fish to here! http://africancichlidhub.com/forum/index.php?topic=1674.0

I'm now settled in the new home and my thoughts have turned back to getting a new tank and filling it with mbuna. So, update me... what's new? Any big genus change scandals I need to be aware of?  :D

Offline Yanks15

• Global Moderator
  • Boss
  • Tank Gallons: 60
Re: Coming back to the hobby after 8 years
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 12:25:47 PM »
Welcome to ACH :thumbup  Just so I understand, you sold Lee all of your fish? Tough decisions have to be made when we move :13  So now that you are settled, no better time to get back into the hobby :nod: I noticed that you registered a few years back in preparation for this day :10 Obviously you've been thinking about it for a while :06  Best of luck with your new setup :thumbup
Steve's the name but Yanks will do!

Offline RiotBadger

• Egg
Re: Coming back to the hobby after 8 years
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 01:11:32 PM »
Welcome to ACH :thumbup  Just so I understand, you sold Lee all of your fish?

I did yes, from memory some lovely Ps. Flavus, Cynotilapia Afra “Chiwinde” (I seem to remember Afra got reclassified?), couple of Acei, few labs...

They were lovely fish and I really enjoyed keeping them but it was stopping us moving forward but it’ll be fun to start again from scratch!