African Cichlid Hub Forum

Author Topic: Is this still alive?  (Read 224 times)

Offline Kevin Michiels

• Administrator
  • Adult
  • Tank Gallons: 118
Is this still alive?
« on: February 13, 2019, 07:49:01 PM »
Hi guys,

Is this forum sill alive? Almost 7 years after creating it.. How is everyone doing ?

Cheers
Kevin

Offline Kingston1

• Adult
  • Tank Gallons: 140
Re: Is this still alive?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 07:54:14 PM »
Not sure about the Forum, but I am still here.
75gal   W/T Haras, Met. Membe Deep, and Kawanga Golds
60gal   Ps. Saulosi (1M and 9F) and 1 lonely OB Peacock.

Offline Yanks15

• Global Moderator
  • Boss
  • Tank Gallons: 60
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 12:54:58 AM »
Slow but still breathing :13 ;)
Steve's the name but Yanks will do!

Offline Paul Sabucchi

• Sub Adult
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 04:50:53 PM »
Slow but still breathing :13 ;)
A bit like my fish this time of year...

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

100gal yellow Labs, Acei, Rusties, Cynotilapia Jalo Reef, Labeotropheus t. Chilumba, Melanochromis dialeptos
100gal Saulosi, OB Zebras,  Perlmutt, Maingano, Rusties

Offline jcarson702

• Wriggler
  • Tank Gallons: 55G
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 04:39:36 AM »
Hi guys,

Is this forum sill alive? Almost 7 years after creating it.. How is everyone doing ?

Cheers
Kevin

It is! And thank you Kevin for your contribution in the creation of a place that I feel I can come to for knowledge and feeback.

I do have some feedback and as not to offend long time veterans of this site but I think we/you have to ask the question. Do you/we want this to be an exclusive club only to cater to long term contributors and members? .

Or do you/we want this to be a place of constant learning and where ANYONE  can come and ask the newbist of questions and not get told constantly to use the search feature and get reprimanded for asking a question that has been asked 10k times. I get it for you that have been here a while that it gets old, tired and played out.

But new members are the life blood of any forum and I see how this site once thrived but if new members aren't coddled and made to feel at ease here, it will die.

I dont want that. I have found that in my limited time here, ya'll have been good to me and I respect and am appreciative for it. This is for me a place where I can come and read posts and dive into topics and learn. And it should live on this way for everybody.

Just my opinion.

Offline Kevin Michiels

• Administrator
  • Adult
  • Tank Gallons: 118
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 10:55:07 AM »
I appreciate your input jcarson702, and I do agree. I am looking into what I can do, to bring this back to live. I'll keep you updated and you'll probably notice fairly quickly ;)

Cheers!!

Offline free swimmer

• Sub Boss
  • Tank Gallons: 1k
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 11:17:54 PM »
It has always been the simplest site to navigate in my opinion. It was a welcoming and informative place for me..  I have got my tank to the point of done. Its half of a  room, and the fish seem to be getting along well. I do understand that fishkeeping, like any hobby, has highs and lows. With all life has on my plate, I am fortunate that my 1210 gallon system is close to self sufficient. I do the weekly 200 gallon water change without hardly even watching it, in an hour. My marathon training soaks up about 15ish hours a week, and work is about to be 7 days a week again. And Im a motorcycle addict, that recently got a new ride to customize. So I mentioned to Yanks, this is a peaceful and occasional decompression place.
Making memories to look forward to..

No matter how many times you wash a bird it will still smell fowl..