African Cichlid Hub Forum

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 639 times)

Offline Arron yeates

• Egg
  • Tank Gallons: 53
Re: Newbie
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2019, 06:19:51 AM »
So as a novice to quantine youd buy new fisj add them to the heated and filtered bucket for how long before adding to your tank? Also what is it for ive heard and seen in shops doing this with new fish but never asked. Im guessing its to make sure there healthy before adding to your main tank.etc.

Yeah your hear similar things on youtube when people have lost fish becsuse of aggression or a mistake somewhere. Maybe its just one of those things. The synodontis looks as if its belly is slowly shrinking when i saw it last night. Ive not fed since thursday to eliminate bloat. May drop some new life spectrum in there tonight as he doesnt get chance for that compared to the algae pellet i stick in the glass

Offline Arron yeates

• Egg
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2019, 08:36:29 PM »
Ok so update, i rang the local fish shop i got my last fish from, i explained what the fish were doing and the said they had a simikar situation yesterday and hace treated there show tank for white spot (itch) i said this may explain a few things as the last fish i bought were from there show tank... today ive treated for white spot as there seemed to be alot of flashing and rubbing against sand and rock. Ill see what happens from here. I only put the 2 carbon packs in a week ago so ive took them out and placed in a tub of the fish water out the way. Will i be able to use these when ive finished the treatment or woukd you put new carbon bags in?i use them as it makes tge water clearer here.

Thanks
Az

Offline jcarson702

• Wriggler
  • Tank Gallons: 55G
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2019, 12:23:08 AM »
So as a novice to quantine youd buy new fisj add them to the heated and filtered bucket for how long before adding to your tank? Also what is it for ive heard and seen in shops doing this with new fish but never asked. Im guessing its to make sure there healthy before adding to your main tank.etc.

Yes exactly. And quarantine time is different for many people but for me now that I have the space I will wait at least a month before putting them into my main tanks especially now that I do have some expensive fish.

Offline Arron yeates

• Egg
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2019, 08:27:51 PM »
Pretty sure the mystery fish is a maisoni reef. It keeps going ice whit/blue with black vertical bars and eye band with black under side fins. Only goes like this when aggression is about. Amazing looking fish only last few days hes started colouring back up.

Offline jcarson702

• Wriggler
  • Tank Gallons: 55G
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2019, 08:22:02 PM »
Pretty sure the mystery fish is a maisoni reef. It keeps going ice whit/blue with black vertical bars and eye band with black under side fins. Only goes like this when aggression is about. Amazing looking fish only last few days hes started colouring back up.

Nice!  :clap: