African Cichlid Hub Forum

Author Topic: I GIVE UP  (Read 570 times)

Offline waycool6

• Sub Adult
  • Tank Gallons: 220
I GIVE UP
« on: May 01, 2018, 02:13:01 AM »
People I give up trying to help this forum grow back to what it use to be. It is clear too me that no one is bothered. Or even remotely interested in restoring it. I have been working hard for the last 8 months what looks to be for nothing. I AM DONE.   
Nyererei frontosa clown loach Red tailed shark TBM Red Rubin OBM  Orange Blotch F1M Baenschi F1M Maylandi Sulphur Head F1M Jacobfriebergi TBM Pink Albino fire fish TBM Fire fish TBM Gold Red Eye TBM Dragon blood x2 F1M moori Dolphins. F1M livingstoni F1M Venustus F1M borleyi red fin F1M steveni tiger F1M Super VC-10 hap F1M fryeri/ahli F1M Red Empress 2x F1M Aulonocara sp. "Maleri /1`x Orange 1x white Peacock

Offline ken31cayman

• Wriggler
  • Tank Gallons: 180
Re: I GIVE UP
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 04:16:21 AM »
What's wrong with the forums?

Offline Socolofifirst

• Juvie
  • Tank Gallons: 92
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 06:05:33 AM »
That was quite the outburst there way.....

Offline Paul Sabucchi

• Sub Adult
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 10:25:51 AM »
Sorry to hear you are so downbeat, I know that lately it seems it is only a hanful of people who regularly are on this forum, but it is still a very friendly and informative place to be, hopefully interest will pick up and as always we will always make newcomers feel welcome (if only to lull them in to a false sens of security so to take the mick once we know them better). Ciao
100gal yellow Labs, Acei, Rusties, Cynotilapia Jalo Reef, Labeotropheus t. Chilumba, Melanochromis dialeptos
100gal Saulosi, OB Zebras,  Perlmutt, Maingano, Rusties

Offline waycool6

• Sub Adult
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 11:21:09 AM »
What's wrong with the forums?
les that 25 acctive members. And new members don't stay. In 8 months I maniged to get 36 new members I know of.
More maybe that have not told me the joined. I have spent my money running ads for the forum I have started a YouTube channel I have over 1.4k subs in 8 months I use links and ads for the forum. I know 36 new memders is not a lot. But think about it if more of us did this it would work. I have ask people to help but the posts get overlooked. So that tells me no one is intrested.
Nyererei frontosa clown loach Red tailed shark TBM Red Rubin OBM  Orange Blotch F1M Baenschi F1M Maylandi Sulphur Head F1M Jacobfriebergi TBM Pink Albino fire fish TBM Fire fish TBM Gold Red Eye TBM Dragon blood x2 F1M moori Dolphins. F1M livingstoni F1M Venustus F1M borleyi red fin F1M steveni tiger F1M Super VC-10 hap F1M fryeri/ahli F1M Red Empress 2x F1M Aulonocara sp. "Maleri /1`x Orange 1x white Peacock

Offline waycool6

• Sub Adult
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 11:32:19 AM »
Sorry to hear you are so downbeat, I know that lately it seems it is only a hanful of people who regularly are on this forum, but it is still a very friendly and informative place to be, hopefully interest will pick up and as always we will always make newcomers feel welcome (if only to lull them in to a false sens of security so to take the mick once we know them better). Ciao
One Thing that I belive would help is removing the ranking system all it dose is intemedate new members. It old and dated. I know 100% some of my YouToub subs are exreamly knolageble in the hobby and find that tipe of system downgrading.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:51:07 AM by waycool6 »

Offline waycool6

• Sub Adult
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 11:40:14 AM »
That was quite the outburst there way.....
well Its not a dig its how I feel affter trying so hard and spending my time and money on it.  :no:

Offline Paul Sabucchi

• Sub Adult
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 12:53:43 PM »
I get how it is getting you down, I think it is possibly a general trend with forums, I have noticed a similar flatlining in other fish forums as well, both general and specific (mbuna, discus etc), international and Italian. It may be that particularly newcomers to the hobby are going more for having a quick browse on Facebook groups or YouTube rather than a "long term commitment" on a forum
100gal yellow Labs, Acei, Rusties, Cynotilapia Jalo Reef, Labeotropheus t. Chilumba, Melanochromis dialeptos
100gal Saulosi, OB Zebras,  Perlmutt, Maingano, Rusties

Offline Socolofifirst

• Juvie
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 01:07:50 PM »
I cant afford ads for the forum and nor do i have time to make youtube vids to promote the forum. Many post then vanish once u have answered their question. I have posts that go unaswered at times yet im still hear still posting. Even replies to posts that get my back up and im still here. I grew up on forums but many of the youth now days do use quick facebook groups and youtube foe info.

Ranking? Doesnt really mean anything. I dont think we have any mods that can change it either think only forum owner could do that

Offline waycool6

• Sub Adult
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 01:19:22 PM »
I cant afford ads for the forum and nor do i have time to make youtube vids to promote the forum. Many post then vanish once u have answered their question. I have posts that go unaswered at times yet im still hear still posting. Even replies to posts that get my back up and im still here. I grew up on forums but many of the youth now days do use quick facebook groups and youtube foe info.

Ranking? Doesnt really mean anything. I dont think we have any mods that can change it either think only forum owner could do that
That's fine I don't want people to pay money or even start YouTube channels but the ones that already have them could help by putting links and messages out there on their channels. and people that have Facebook or twitter could do the same. its like 30 seconds of their time and free.   

Offline Socolofifirst

• Juvie
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 01:21:53 PM »
Dont get me wrong id love the forum to pick up mate but, just my opinion and what i managed to read, you were the one hell bent on making this forum "what it was once". If no one else joined in what can u do im afraid....

Offline waycool6

• Sub Adult
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 01:46:00 PM »
I get how it is getting you down, I think it is possibly a general trend with forums, I have noticed a similar flatlining in other fish forums as well, both general and specific (mbuna, discus etc), international and Italian. It may be that particularly newcomers to the hobby are going more for having a quick browse on Facebook groups or YouTube rather than a "long term commitment" on a forum
Well its not all lost I have big plans but I need you guys help I don't need money or anything like that just someone that can help with my plan. OK its like this Forums as we know them are dead its old fashioned and don't appeal to everyone. Ranking systems are old and outdated and meaningless from my poll ran over 4 months very knowledgeable people in the hobby find them downgrading, That much I know! but we can't change anything on here without the owners permission. So what if we migrate all the same people and some new all in one place I have 1.4k subscribers on my YouTube channel and I think Free swimmer has over 500 or close to it . We can take the best bitts of this forum to a website we can manage I am shore Mike would be up for it I can build it with input from you guys and any active guys/girls on here would be welcome at the new site and cornet moderators will keep that role if the want to.     
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 02:02:42 PM by waycool6 »

Offline waycool6

• Sub Adult
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 01:52:34 PM »
Dont get me wrong id love the forum to pick up mate but, just my opinion and what i managed to read, you were the one hell bent on making this forum "what it was once". If no one else joined in what can u do im afraid....
Rebuild it on a new platform everybody comes across to the new place and at least that way we stand a chance because we can manage it better. We can't make changes here. It would be all the same people and some new just a new house.   

Offline Nimander76

• Boss
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 10:17:54 AM »
Sad to hear itís gone down so much. We used to have a right laugh in here.
Been a long time since I have been on, mainly due to having my stock wiped out and not being able to stock up anymore.
Sad to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tony

Luck? I laugh in the face of luck ha ha ha

Don't Forget....PICKS FOR KICKS!