African Cichlid Hub Forum

Author Topic: Sydontis and bristle nose don't seem to be eating!?  (Read 238 times)

Offline chadders

• Wriggler
Sydontis and bristle nose don't seem to be eating!?
« on: April 05, 2018, 01:21:14 PM »
Hi folks here again my 2 Synodontis & 2 bristle nose don't seem to be getting a look in with any of the fresh cucumber or algae wafers I put in the tank. I've weighed down the cucumber so it sinks and fed the mbuna with pellets while dropping the wafers at the back of the tank. Other than sucking on the rocks etc I've never seen them eat!?
And doesn't look like  there's any algae there.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bandicoot

• Boss
  • Tank Gallons: 90g
Re: Sydontis and bristle nose don't seem to be eating!?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 02:04:33 PM »
thats why ive always steered clear of bottom feeders. with mbuna youre going to have a hell of a time feeding them. they may just be acclimating to the new tank. give them some time. if it continues youre prob going to be forced to hand feed them somehow.

Offline JohnsPeacocks

• Adult
  • Tank Gallons: 75
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 02:41:04 PM »
That's why I went with a pleco. It keeps the algae in check and manages to get a few pellets that fall between the rockwork. That sucker can squeeze into the rocks very well. 

Offline Arron yeates

• Wriggler
  • Tank Gallons: 53
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 08:53:29 PM »
I also have a bristle nose and cukoo syno cat. I no what you mean. However my cat eats like a horse if i stick an algae pellet to the glass and fights off the mbuna. Try feeding the bristle nose an hour or so agmfter the lights are out and the fish are on the bottom like there sleeping. The bristle nose will get some hopefully