African Cichlid Hub Forum

Author Topic: Another Flyer....  (Read 1662 times)

Offline JohnsPeacocks

• Adult
  • Tank Gallons: 75
Another Flyer....
« on: October 12, 2017, 04:48:58 PM »
Amazing that a 5" fish can find it's way thru an area this small...........but one did....found him nice and crispy....

Offline Bandicoot

• Boss
  • Tank Gallons: 90g
Re: Another Flyer....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 09:45:33 PM »
that sucks. also boggles the mind. i have a 3" gap the whole length of the aquarium in the back, and ive never had a jumper. maybe just lucky?

Offline JohnsPeacocks

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 02:29:06 PM »
I have plenty of fighting going on in my all male tank, and fish will hide near the top of at the filter tubing.
Looks like this guy may have tried to get away from an aggressor, and did too good a job of it.  I had a 2 inch gap as well, but lost a beautiful Red Top Lwanda. That's when I added that strip. This one was a hybrid, so I'm not overly pissed off, but it's still a bit of a mystery how he got thru there.

Offline Kingston1

• Adult
  • Tank Gallons: 140
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 08:33:17 PM »
Sorry for the "fish-crisp", but fish are strange.  They can seem to find the smallest holes to jump out of. 
75gal   W/T Haras, Met. Membe Deep, and Kawanga Golds
60gal   Ps. Saulosi (1M and 9F) and 1 lonely OB Peacock.

Offline Bandicoot

• Boss
  • Tank Gallons: 90g
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 02:29:46 AM »
I have plenty of fighting going on in my all male tank, and fish will hide near the top of at the filter tubing.
Looks like this guy may have tried to get away from an aggressor, and did too good a job of it.  I had a 2 inch gap as well, but lost a beautiful Red Top Lwanda. That's when I added that strip. This one was a hybrid, so I'm not overly pissed off, but it's still a bit of a mystery how he got thru there.
no doubt. hows your surface agitation? mines quite strong, one of my theories is its too strong to see through so theyre less inclined to take the "leap of faith" but again i may just have been lucky thus far.

Offline JohnsPeacocks

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 05:03:58 AM »
Plenty of agitation with the FX6 and Eheim160g both having returns aimed up....

Offline waycool6

• Sub Adult
  • Tank Gallons: 220
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 04:05:12 PM »
You could cover that gap with a bit of cling film wrap.
Nyererei frontosa clown loach Red tailed shark TBM Red Rubin OBM  Orange Blotch F1M Baenschi F1M Maylandi Sulphur Head F1M Jacobfriebergi TBM Pink Albino fire fish TBM Fire fish TBM Gold Red Eye TBM Dragon blood x2 F1M moori Dolphins. F1M livingstoni F1M Venustus F1M borleyi red fin F1M steveni tiger F1M Super VC-10 hap F1M fryeri/ahli F1M Red Empress 2x F1M Aulonocara sp. "Maleri /1`x Orange 1x white Peacock