African Cichlid Hub Forum

Author Topic: need help stocking 55 gallon cichlid tank  (Read 547 times)

Offline Rob84

• Egg
need help stocking 55 gallon cichlid tank
« on: July 05, 2016, 10:53:50 PM »
hey guys I have a 55 gallon African cichlid tank up and it been running well for about 2 years and I wanted to change something up.  I currently have some yellow labs (breeding) and red top cobalts (breeding) in their and a few other fish as well and I think im going to sell them or trade them. Once I do that im trying to decide what other fish to get for the tank I  really like the Sauliso Taiwan reef so would like to do something with them whether its a specie tank or adding some other types perferlly other type but not totally opossed of a species only tank? Any thoughts and suggestion would be really appreciated. Thanks! :nod:

Offline cjsgamecock

• Egg
Re: need help stocking 55 gallon cichlid tank
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 12:08:49 AM »
The saulosi's would be good but be sure to not get any other males that are blue and black. I recently discovered the Texitlus and they are a cool mixture as far as males and females go... Lots of sparkle.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline Bandicoot

• Boss
  • Tank Gallons: 90g
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 07:02:39 PM »
I have a saulosi species tank, and I'm really happy with it. They are very active and the contrast between the males and females looks great imo. They are aggressive breeding machines. Lol

Offline Kingston1

• Adult
  • Tank Gallons: 140
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 09:01:19 PM »
I agree with Bandicoot.  Great fish to have for a species tank.  My tank was doing great for a while before bloat.  Right now I only have 3 Females and some Juvies.  Waiting for them to grow a little to see if I have any males. 
75gal   W/T Haras, Met. Membe Deep, and Kawanga Golds
60gal   Ps. Saulosi (1M and 9F) and 1 lonely OB Peacock.