African Cichlid Hub Forum

Author Topic: Peacocks  (Read 1230 times)

Offline fostermatt26

• Fry
Peacocks
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:22:40 AM »
Hi I've just got hold of a 8ft tank what's a good selection of peacocks and how many thanks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline free swimmer

• Sub Boss
  • Tank Gallons: 1k
Re: Peacocks
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 01:59:41 AM »
Hi I've just got hold of a 8ft tank what's a good selection of peacocks and how many thanks

Nice size !!  50 Mbuna  :thumbup
  Saulosi, Yellow Labs, Chewere, Perlmutt, Polit, Y/T Mbamba, Mara Rock..  :nod:
Making memories to look forward to..

No matter how many times you wash a bird it will still smell fowl..

Offline Fishboy

• Boss
  • Tank Gallons: 180
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 02:01:22 AM »
Are you after an all male tank?
In my six foot, I have about 15 fish total, but do not like to be overstocked. You could fit a lot more in, about 30 depending on species and filtration.
Go for male fish that don't look similar and if you want to have females remember that cross breeding is rife with peacocks as females look similar.
I would go for a mix of haps and peacocks. See what is available in your area and make a list. From there we can advise a little better [emoji106]
Life is all about options, as long as you have something to look forward to, there is no reason to look back...now where can I put the next tank?

Offline JohnsPeacocks

• Adult
  • Tank Gallons: 75
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 11:36:22 AM »
Check out a few of the online fish stores to get some ideas. I have an all male 75G with 10 Peacocks....they have their arguments but always work out the pecking order....the only issue is if you by juveniles, it's a crap shoot trying to get all males...I know this from experience, but I just traded them in at my LFS...

PEACOCKS RULE !!!! :rockon: :thumbup

Offline fostermatt26

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 10:16:48 PM »
Are you after an all male tank?
In my six foot, I have about 15 fish total, but do not like to be overstocked. You could fit a lot more in, about 30 depending on species and filtration.
Go for male fish that don't look similar and if you want to have females remember that cross breeding is rife with peacocks as females look similar.
I would go for a mix of haps and peacocks. See what is available in your area and make a list. From there we can advise a little better [emoji106]
Hi here's a list of whats available     alonacara orange,albino firefish,blue neon,jacobfreibergi,usinya,rubin red,red empress,otopharynx lithobate,copodichromis ivory,steveni and livingstonii  sorry for any spelling mistakes ha